2012年4月7日星期六

HC Talent Show----A show to remember

   

      Sitting in front of the computer, open my blog, I start to write my feelings about the Honors College Talent show. I see words appearing on the screen with the sound of typing. However, until now I am still not satisfied with the experssion that I used. I always think those words I chose are not suitable and can't let my readers involve in that night I descirbed. Honors College Talent Show encourage us to make a difference in our university. I want to appreciate three things that this show brings to me in my life. New identity, friendship and time management.
       Mar 28th of 2012 is a day that should be deposited into our memory bank account forever. I am still in the period of recovering for those exhausted days in preparing the performance mixing with intensive exams and reports. About talent show, lots of people have different feelings for this new born baby. From tired to happy, from argue to agreement, from relax to busy, from individual to group, this process is only known by those people who are involved and who experienced it.
    First, Talent show empowers me with everyone a new Identity. None of us are 100% confident about the result of their performance before the show. "How is it? Do you think our performance is good? " These questions are frequently asked during the period that we were preparing those performances. Diverse concerns and worries filled in our mind. Everything and every detail can't satisfy ourselves' standard and expectations. I have two performances in the talent show. One is the dancing Waltz with Esther while the other is playing the piano duet with Charlotte. Both performances brings me new challenges in my university life. In this university, I played lots of roles, as a debater, as a student, as research assistant, as organzier. This time, I was called as a pianist and a dancer. Talent show enables everyone to discover more than new role. When we are too comfortable with our traditional role as a student, this show indeed help us to make a difference.
     Second, Talent show brings us the new meaning of our friendship. Before, our conversations mainly happened during class time. In order to pratice, the talent show gives us more opportunities to stay with each other. During practices, we encouraged each other and helped each other with their steps. At the begining of preparing the dance, no one has any idea about how to practice and which piece should we dance. No one in Waltz group has the experience of dancing. Suprisingly, listening the music and imitateing the action in the video, we made it in our first time for tying. For the second and the third time of practicing, we only need to remember those gestures and add more smiles and emotions into our performances. For the piano practices, to me, it is a time of torture. We practiced everyday from 7am to 9am. Since I almost have mid term everyday in those two weeks, I need to review for the exam until 1 or 2am. Everday, I could only sleep for 5 hours. Piano duet is not easy since four hands have to cooperate well to play a beautiful piece for the audience to enjoy. Without practice, the song could be noise. Fortunately, we made it. Thanks for my friends accompanying me to finish those performances!
    Third, Talent Show inspires us to manage our time efficiently and effectively. When I had a interview for applying the East Asia College, the dean asked me that question: Could you please tell me how many times that you spend on your study and extracurricular activity? Talent show immediately comes out in my mind. I told the professor that the allocation of my time could be very flexible. It all depends on how you use your time. If everyone could efficiently use every minute in their life, every day could be a coloful day. Last semester, when we tried so hardly to find the secret of time management, we could not get a result. This time, the answer is right there.
     Honors college leaves us with too many memories. I could not spill it out all in this blog. But I am sure that this memory will never be written off.
        
 

没有评论:

发表评论