2012年2月16日星期四

Theme of Spring Festival----Always Family

     Although some students choose to stay in Macau for Spring Festival due to lots of reasons, it is the strong willingness to stay with my family and the tradition which we will go to the Lama(Yong hegong) temple together that drag me back to Beijing.  
    My mother believes in Tibetan Buddhism and its theory deeply which can be considered kind of religious belief. So it is a tradition that our family goes to the Lama Temple in order to make our wishing for the new year on the first day of the Chinese Lunar New Year. This tradition has been kept in our family for almost 10 years. It's also a Chinese tradition to burn joss sticks and pray for good fortune on the first and 15th day of every lunar month, especially the first of the year.No cars or buses were allowed on the road. And the subway didn't stop at the Yonghegong station. So we have to walk 1000 meters to the temple from the nearest station. You can't even image that how many Chinese people are generated in the Lama Temple on that day. It was reported that this year there were 70,000 people went there on that day. To avoid chaos and the stampede, Governmeint sends hundreds of Police force to maintain the order outside the temple to make thousands people keep in the line.  Outside, 1,200 police and Dongcheng district government workers maintained order, while 740 Yonghegong employees did the same inside. Those restricted policy and extremely cold weather are not able to stop the desires they offer the incense.  Here I don't mean that Chinese people are superstitious. Instead of believing the Santa Claus and Jesus, Chinese people also would like to send their wishes to the Buddha. Most of them are making wishes for their families, asking for good health for their parents while asking for a good academic performance for their children. Some people came here without knowing anything about Buddha. However, in here, you can feel the strong atmosphere about the Spring Festival. People are here with the same aim and purpose which is pursuing beautiful things. Many people also believe that Buddha will take special care of person burn incense on the first day of the Lunar New Year. Waiting in the line in other words can be regarded as waiting for opportunities and luck. 
       I still remembered that when I was a little girl, my parents would keep me in the middle of them to protect me from the being pushed by other people. Times passes so quick without consciousness. I already become a big girl who should take the obligation and responsibility of my family. It is such a pity that next year I would not be able to accompany with my mother to go the Lama temple. When I was young, my parents worried about me everyday. However, now I feel that my concern for their health is increasing dramatically. Family is always playing the most important place in every people's heart. I still remembered the interesting game designed by Professor Doris Mok. Everyone has 5000 investment fund to buy things are important to you through auction. Everyone in the class set high price for "family". Some people would like to use all their money to get the item "family". Our family is irreplaceable. 
     There is always a discussion between my friends and I. Sometimes, we would like to wonder that where we will be in 10 years. Well, life is full of surprises and uncertainties. One thing I am 100% sure is that I would always be with my family. 
      Wish every family in the world can always be together and happy! 
     

没有评论:

发表评论